Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Spotify - making tango music available worldwide

TOTW on Spotify is available in all these countries!

It's a big subject title for a post, but fortunately very true. As many of my readers have noticed, the tandas of TOTW are no longer available as mp3 files. Instead, I have tried to offer every other solution for listening to and purchasing the featured music and in my opinion Spotify is the best solution out there. Spotify used to be limited to only a handful of countries, but now it is growing fast both in audiences reached and the amount of tango music available.

Unfortunately there are some limitations to which music is available in certain countries, and too often I hear from tango fans in the U.S. that the songs of a featured tanda where not available for them. However the same songs might still be found on Spotify on another release or album but it is up to the individual to search for the songs. Hopefully this situation is fixed soon and all of the same music will be available to all users of Spotify worldwide.

Check the picture above if Spotify is available in your country, download the software (or use the web player) and listen to the Tanda of the Week playlist or follow me on Spotify. I'm also looking to connect with more tango scenes worldwide, so I'd appreciate if you can share a link to my blog in your local community websites and Facebook groups, thank you!


2 kommenttia:

  1. Antti wrote: "I have tried to offer every other solution for listening to and purchasing the featured music and in my opinion Spotify is the best solution out there."

    Spotify is no longer a solution for purchasing music. The Spotify music shop was shut down earlier this year. See the report here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm aware of this. That's why I also offer the links to TangoTunes and iTunes. It's a shame they shut down the Spotify shop though. I was using it quite a lot.

      Delete